1. Be realistic
- Don’t spend all of your time studying. Take frequent breaks.
2. Think about the future and build your network
- The majority of the students at MWU-AZ will not end up practicing in Arizona, therefore it is important to gain important connections with students and dentists from other schools.
3. Mental health is important
- If you are coming from out of state, it can be tough to be away from the your support system. Becoming involved with activities on campus is one way to get to meet new people.
4. Experience new things and get out of your comfort zone
- Be open to new experiences, you never know what you are missing out on unless you give it a shot!